Sunday, October 16, 2011

On the needles

Since I'm not the prolific knitter I once was, I'm trying to choose my projects more carefully, and only make the stuff I desperately want.  Nothing is worse than wasting a few hours on a meh project, only to rip it and wish you'd spent that time making something amazing.

Anyway, I bought French Girl Knits a while ago, and every time I open it I start drooling over all the lace and textures.  For whatever reason, I kept putting off making anything, maybe because the garments look intimidating, even though the patterns are so clearly and easily written. 

Here is the first 12" or so of Delphine:



Sorry the photo is a little dark- I'm still trying to figure out my camera;)

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way sometimes. I just look in a book at some awesome pattern and cringe. I need to sit down a just start something but down want to waste time on meh! I think I will just get a book and run through some lace patterns. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete