Thursday, December 31, 2009

it's new year's already??

I swear, i'm so messed up by having a week off that I didn't realize it was New Year's Eve today until it was mentioned on the radio. I really like New Year's, even though we never do anything, just for the whole formality of ending a year, and the anticipation of what's to come.

One of the topics going around Twitter tonight is "what were you doing ten years ago?" I have no idea what I was doing back then except that I was thinking the whole Y2k thing was a bunch of crap- that's how memorable my life was back in the day. Fast forward ten years- I have a husband and baby that I adore, and a life where the most mundane events are enjoyed and documented in ridiculous detail. I'm pretty sure in another ten years, I'm going to look back on tonight (well, technically I guess I could look it up in the SATC archives, but that's not the point) and remember fondly that we stayed home, watched Bruce on tv together, and our last meal of 2009 was Bobby Flay's Burger Palace. The perfect end to the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment